Last week the top bridal fashion designers showcased what the brides of 2013 will be wearing. Designers including Monique Lhuillier, Vatana Watters, Amsale Aberra, Claire Pettibone, Veronica DiSanto and Reem Acra. Today we’ll take a look at the trends that emerged from Bridal Market 2012.
1. Illusion necklines – as much I love strapless necklines, I love this trend! Say bye-bye to bare shoulders ladies and embrace this look.
2. Sleeves – back again from last year, this trend continues to rock the bridal runway. This trend is perfect for wedding from fall to spring, sleeves add a bit of extra warmth and I know my Canadian brides will welcome this.
3. Lace overlays – Another trend made popular by Kate Middleton and isn’t going anywhere. Lace works for a number of styles, from vintage to glamorous. This isn’t your grandmother lace ladies!
4. Colour – the popularity of this trend proves wedding dresses do not have to be white. Colour is a great way to show your personality, choose light or vibrant colours and make it your own.
5. Sequins – the perfect way to add a little or a lot of sparkle to your day. Ladies don’t be afraid to shine!
6. Bold head pieces – head pieces have been in the back ground for a while, but are making a major statement on the bridal runways. These head pieces are sure to make a statement on your wedding day and show your personality in an awesome way.
Choosing a wedding dress is a huge task, let us help you make this fabulous decision! Contact us today for more information.