I’m always on the hunt for new ideas for my clients. Last Sunday I visited the most charming venue for high tea with a few of my colleagues. Let me be honest, I’m really not a camping typa girl. I adore comfy cottages with modern amenities. This venue is exactly that. Tons of charm and character, yet modern. The ideal location for a city girl who loves the idea of a tented wedding, without the “outdoor stuff”. Logistically, the set-up is a dream for vendors. Every detail fully thought out, from food prep tent, convenient washrooms and power supply, you know, the kind of thing brides don’t necessarily think about when you imagine dancing under the stars. Good thing every tented wedding has a planner, right?
Back to this idyllic setting located in Nestleton, Ontario, just outside Port Perry and little over an hour’s drive from Toronto. The Inn boasts 10 suites ranging from couple style suites to family suites. Unlike most inns or B&B’s this venue is quite spacious, in case you need a few minutes to yourself. The grounds are gorgeous and make for stunning photos.
A few of my favourite things about this venue are:
1. Location – driving an hour outside the city isn’t that bad.
2. Accommodation – enough room for family and close friends to stay over, if not hotels are relatively close by and offer shuttle service.
3. The tent – already set up (usually in May) and has interlocking bricks. As a planner this is awesome, no shaky cake table, no wet grass or mud etc. The tent is really beautiful, French windows panels and clear panels to let the outside in, gorgeous light fixtures etc. A blank canvas for you to create just about anything.
4. Tons of space for ceremony, cocktail hour and general roaming.
5. The owners and staff make everything super easy, good peeps.
There’s so much more to this incredible venue. If you would like more information, please visit their website and get in touch with me. I will walk you through the process of having a tented wedding to see if it’s the right fit for you.